BCS Foundation Certificate in Commercial Awareness (Virtual Classroom)
What is the Foundation Certificate in Commercial Awareness
The Foundation Certificate in Commercial Awareness enables you to learn and understand the organisational behaviour and business finance areas of an organisation. You will discover the most effective ways to evaluate a financial case, and perform pricing, forecasting, budgeting and more using key techniques and tools.
You will gain a solid understanding of the range of organisational models and business structures used, be able to interpret financial accounts, and analyse a business domain and portfolio value.
This course is one of the four modules you will need to complete in order to obtain the International Diploma in Business Analysis, along with Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice, Practitioner Certificate in Requirement Engineering, and the Practitioner Certificate in Modelling Business Processes.
Is this training suitable for me?
This course is ideally suited for delegates looking to understanding the way organisations are structured, their behaviours, cultures, and operations.
Anyone looking to earn their BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis, will also need to complete this module.
Finally, this course would benefit current Business Analysts, and those looking to make a career change into this industry.
Why study this Business Analysis Certificate with us
We have developed an expert team over the last 16+ years, since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 555,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training.
By refining our processes, partner relationships, and course materials, we can offer the best training options, whether it’s a Classroom, Virtual Classroom, or Online via our eLearning platform.
You will also benefit from:
- Fast-track your learning with our 2-day Virtual Classroom
- Enhance your career prospects
- Learn from expert trainers, with vast experience in this field
- We offer interest-free payment options
What job could I get with this qualification?
Delegates who complete this training can move into a range of job roles, like Consulting, Project Management, or Strategy Planning. We do find that delegates typically take this course to go into the following roles:
- Business Analysis - £43k
- Business Architecture - £65k
- Enterprise Architecture - £92k
Course Details, Syllabus & Exams
You will immerse yourself over a 2-day course and learn the commercial and organisational knowledge required for business analysis work. The syllabus is structured around the two key areas of Business Finance and Organisational Behaviour.
- Understand three techniques used to evaluate a financial case
- Understand costing and pricing
- Understand cash flow forecasting and budgeting
- Describe the contents of financial accounting documents
- Interpret financial accounts
- Explain specified business performance ratios
- Define the elements and usage of Porter’s Five Forces Framework and Value Chain
- Define the elements and usage of the Boston Consulting Group’s matrix
- Define the performance measures and usage of the Balanced Business Scorecard
- Define the elements of specified cultural analysis approaches
- Explain the different management structures and their characteristics
- Define the different architectures that may be adopted by organisations
Syllabus and Exam weighting
- Business Finance (50%)
- Evaluating a Financial Case – 15%
- Budgeting, Costing and Pricing – 15%
- Financial Reporting and Analysis – 20%
- Organisational Behaviour (50%)
- Market analysis and competitive advantage – 15%
- Organisational behaviour and culture – 10%
- Group formation – 5%
- Principles of organisational structure – 10%
- Operating models – 10%
- Duration – 60 minutes
- Supervised – Yes (via Proctor)
- Open Book – No, but you can use a simple calculator
- Pass Mark – 26/40
After the advice given by the Government, NHS and WHO, we have taken the appropriate measures to ensure the safety of all our delegates attending our classrooms and events. This has been, and always will be, our number one priority.
We wanted to reassure you that all our scheduled classrooms and events will still be running. However, we will be now be offering them Virtually.
This decision to move all learning to Virtual and to offer support remotely has been taken to protect delegates and trainers. This allows delegates to continue their learning and for trainers to maintain the same level of service.
Because the situation is changing daily, we will do our best to provide you with the most up-to-date information, and this will be communicated via our website or email.
For anyone with queries regarding classrooms you are about to attend, please contact us on email@example.com or +44 (0) 02 3198 7706.
Please stay safe.