CIW Web Foundations Associate Training with Exam (1D0-610)
This comprehensive package is a combination of three individual courses on different aspects of Internet technology – plus exam. It enables learners to gain a unique understanding of Internet business, data networking and website design. If they successfully demonstrate their new skills in the exam, they will achieve certification; this provides clear evidence of possessing multiple capabilities in technologies that affect virtually every business today.
For students this will be a highly valuable professional qualification which they can add to their academic qualifications, helping to create a formidable CV. For professionals, it vastly increases their capabilities within their current profession, as well as opening up further career options.
- Information technology
- Graphic Design
Key learning points
The first part of the course, Internet Business Associate, takes learners through the fundamental aspects of the Internet and how it is used in the business environment.
- Content encompasses, among other things, the use of web search engines for basic and advanced searches, effective ways of researching and communicating on the Internet, cloud computing and mobile devices, and the all-important subject of privacy and the Internet.
- Learners discover the challenges to Internet users in business and what measures can be taken to keep personal information secure.
The second part, Site Development Associate, covers the full spectrum of web development.
- Content includes writing code manually, working with images, creating hyperlinks, adding audio and video and optimising web pages for search engines.
- Upon completion, learners will have the foundation skills and knowledge to create basic websites.
The final part, Network Technology Associate, enables learners to master the basics of networking, Internet protocols and network security that are crucial to every modern business.
- Content ranges from networking components and standards to connecting to the Internet and taking advantage of its multitude of services, through to hardware and devices and how to deal with network and cloud security risks.
- The CIW Web Foundations Associate certification exam (1D0-610) lasts for 90 minutes and contains 90 questions across the three disciplines covered on the course (Internet Business Associate, Site Development Associate and Network Technology Associate).
- To pass the exam, candidates will need to achieve a score of 63.33%, demonstrating a rounded set of knowledge and skills from the three individual subject areas.
Advantages of this course
- No previous knowledge of web page development or configuring networks is necessary to study this combination-course and enter for the exam.
- This means candidates can go from simply being familiar with an operating system such as Microsoft Windows 7 to having a comprehensive knowledge of Internet technologies for the business environment, through three distinct disciplines of study.
- It is ideal both for students at high school or college, looking to complement their studies with skills and knowledge that can be applied in the workplace; and for professionals working in positions that make use of the Internet.
- Passing the CIW Web Foundations exam at the end of the course provides certification – which is clear evidence of an all-round working knowledge of the Internet.
- An official CIW Certification Practice Exam is available, which enables candidates to instantly evaluate their level of knowledge and readiness to become certified.
- New lesson quizzes are also available on CIW Online, and can be found on each of the lesson pages in the Online Resources.
- Exam scores may be challenged if candidates feel there is a legitimate reason for doing so, such as a question mark over the validity of item content.
- Introduction to IT Business and Careers
- Internet Communication
- Introduction to Internet Technology
- Web Browsing
- Multimedia on the Web
- Databases and Web Search Engines
- Business E Mail and Personal Information Management
- Protecting Yourself Online
- Internet Services and Tools for Business
- IT Project and Program Management
- Markup Language and Site Development Essentials
- HTML5 Coding
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and Graphical Elements
- HTML Tables
- Web Forms
- Video, Audio and Image Techniques
- Extensing HTML
- GUI HTML Editors and Mobile Web Sites
- Web Site Development for Business
- Introduction to Networking
- Networking Components and Standards
- Connecting to the Internet
- Internet Services
- Hardware and Device Connectivity
- Network and Cloud Security Risks
|Online Course with Exam|
|CIW Web Foundation Associate|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 10 or above