CIW Network Technology Associate with Live Labs
Networking is how we stay connected. The miles and miles of wires and cables, both physical and cloud-based, that connect a business or personal network to a server are the main reason why we are able to communicate and surf anything on the internet on-demand within moments. Businesses especially rely on IT networking as professionals communicate with people both inside and outside of their organisation’s network. Connecting to the internet also helps companies to do the thing they need to do most – sell and stay in business.
The CIW Network Technology Associate training will help you to master the basics of networking technologies, internet protocols and network security, so you will have a fundamental understanding of how to set up, manage and protect a corporate network.
The CIW Network Technology Associate is full of knowledge that is ideal for anyone looking to understand networking technologies, especially those looking to change career and transition into IT. It is also ideal for any current IT professional looking to validate their networking skills to current and potential employers or clients.
CIW Network Technology Associate Exam
- 30-minute duration
- 30 questions
- 63.33% needed to pass
The CIW Network Technology Associate Exam is not included, but you can get in touch with us and we will tailor your package to include the examination for official certification.
The CIW Network Technology Associate course comes with Live Labs which will enhance your learning experience by helping you to implement your knowledge into a practical, risk-free environment, so that you can perfect your methods before putting them in place in the real world.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Essential networking technologies and skills, including TCP/IP, stable network creation, wireless networking and network troubleshooting
- Various network components and protocols that enable users to share data quickly and easily
- Various types of transmission media, and the ways that network architecture and topologies provide for efficient and secure communication
- OSI reference model and its relationship to packet creation, plus the OSI model vs. the Internet architecture model
- Functions and features of internetworking server types, and the benefits of implementing a Content Management System (CMS)
- Basic hardware and operating system maintenance procedures
- Mobile computing devices and the importance of RFC documents
- Routing, IP addressing, IP address classes and subnet masks
- Essential network security concepts, Internet-based challenges facing today's users, and methods you can use to secure networks and network transmissions, including authentication, encryption and firewalls.
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- Live Labs are included so you can practice your networking skills and how to best utilise the technologies at your disposal
- Have a thorough understanding of how to protect a network using vital internet security principles, guarding networks from cyber-attacks
- Live Chat Tutor Support available as an optional extra. This will give you 24/7 access to a tutor using our live chat platform where you will receive a response to your question within minutes, ensuring you are able to continue with your studying as soon as possible.
- 24/7 course and lab access for one year, so you can study anytime, anywhere
- 24-hour, Monday to Friday customer support
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above